Saturday 9 September 2017

SAUCY MOTHER


 SCENE ONE OPENS

(Two uniformed police officers dragging off the last born of Mama Boye while Mama Boye was encouraging the police officers and busy causing her son (Jide)

Mama Boye:Ema mu lo ooh! Oni banuje omo.

Jide: Ah! Maami

Mama Boye: Don’t call me, disgraceful bastard.

Police Officer 1:(boots him to move forward)

Jide:Maami, won ma n mumi lo ni? They are taking me away.

Mama Boye: Let them arrest you, ki oriburuku tio nko ran inu ile mi jade.

Jide:Maami!

Police Officer 2: See, I will gun you down here (lashes Jide with his belt).

Jide:Yeeeeeeeh! Ah! Mama Jide! Won mumi lo re?

Mama Boye:Jide, after this occurrence, I will use broom to sweep off your bad feet. (Jide was dragged off the stage. Mama Boye faces the audience) Ki lo shey eyin araadugbo oni yeye yii? ki lo kan yin?kilode ti en fi wa shey iran wo? He is my son, and i’ll handle him whatever way I deem it fit. (Hisses)
…..
SCENE TWO

(This scene opens on Mama Boye in front of where she’s stood looking out for a small kid to send on errand)

Mama Boye:Shey ko wa si enikan kan kin ran ni ise ni? Why is this environment this quiet today? (A male small boy passes by) Ah! Oluwa seun, omoyii!

Junior:(feeling edgy) are you calling me ma?

Mama Boye: Yes my son.

Junior:Ehn Ehn! My name is junior ma

Mama Boye: Huh! Ok. Please, I want you to help me buy kerosene at Mama vero’s place.

Junior: Ah! Am sorry ma, but my mother told me not to be answering you again talk less you sending me on errand.

Mama Boye: Who is that your mother? Abi aye n se eyin meje ji ni? Haha! Abi oloribu ru ku leyin meje ji ni?

Junior’s Mother: Emi ni iya eh ooh! Gbogbo epe ti eti se, ko pada si enu eni ti o se. Oya Junior, I want to be seeing your feet on the way to your home.

Mama Boye: Hmm! Apoda kuku ni iya ati omo. Elese oshi meji. I think I have to go myself.

(Enters Shantel)

Shantel:(making a phone call)alright Chief, so when will you come and pick me up tomorrow? (Giggles) Chief Chief, you’re naughty. That same old place jawe, Alright, I’ll be expecting you around 10 to 11am, alright darl, later. Mama Boye, e kasan(sluggishly)

Mama Boye:Yewande! Yewande to so ra e ni Shantel. Ikan jale(thief), ikan so ara e di ashewo(prostitute), eyin omo yii, ekan shafe ma pamilekun.

Shantel: Mama Boye, omi po loju yin.

Mama Boye:koni da fun enu ti ofi da mi loun yen. Oni so lenu omo. Alagbere.

Shantel:Ewo Mama boye, ejo le fero, oroki lefe ta, if you won’t allow me sleep well tonight, it’s not too late for me to leave.

Mama Boye:oloshi ooni ranu omo, ashewo(while Shantel walks inside).

(Enters Boye)

Boye:(angry) Mother! Maami! Maami! Why are you always like this?

Mama Boye: Like what omo mi?

Boye: Am just coming from Jide in the police station, and he told me everything you said the day they arrested him.

Mama Boye: So what?

Boye: Mum, where is your sense of motherhood?

Mama Boye:Boye? Boye? Shoara e ooh! It is because your head is straight, oun ni mi o shey kin wu iwasi e bi awon aburo e ooh!

Boye:Tani e kin shey si? Be shey se se ni yen ti…ema je kin soro(gently walks inside in regret).

WRITTEN BY: ADEBAYO, Busayo.

(Continues briefly in a week time)... 

IF YOU ENJOY THE READING, COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT IT TO ENCOURAGE ME OR ADJUST THE WAY I WRITES. SEE YOU NEXT WEEK AND THANK YOU FOR SPARING SMALL TIME TO READ AND GIVE ME SUPPORT.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos bros, can't wait to know where we are heading to. Keep d writing going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much. But you have to Wait till next week dear.

      Delete