Saturday 16 September 2017

SAUCY MOTHER Conts...


ACT TWO, SCENE ONE

(This scene opens on Big Mummy, Mama boye’s late husband elder sister. She came to tell Mama Boye to caution her sauciness and show more care to her children).

Boye: (Boye is in the parlour studying the bible) Come in (Big mummy enters) Ekaaro Big Mummy

Big Mummy: Good morning my dear son. (sits down) Why aren’t you at your aluminum training?

Boye: Our Oga travelled to the East so he request all his apprentice to take a break. 

Big Mummy: I hope you are not a stubborn apprentice?

Boye: (giggles) Not at all ma.

Big Mummy: And where is that your mother?

Boye: I guess you are here to caution her too?

Big Mummy: Nkan ti moji wa shey naa niyen?

Boye: Mo gba adura ki won agbo siyin lenu.

Big Mummy: Afi ko gbo ooh! She must listen and heed to my warnings nii.

Boye: Amen ooh! Big mummy, Let me go and call her for you.

(Enters Mama Boye)

Mama Boye: Good morning big mummy

Big Mummy:Good morning

Mama Boye: E ranti wa loni? Kini ka fi shey yin lalejo?

Big Mummy: Leave that aside for now, Iwo mani mo wa ri?

Mama Boye: ok ma, mo n gbo.

Big Mummy: When was the last time you went to visit your son Jide in the police station?

Mama Boye: Big mummy, shey oro yen lewa bami so?

Big Mummy: You are not answering? What are the plans you are making for his release?

Mama Boye:(Rebellious reply) On your first question, I haven’t gone to check him and the second question, none.

Big Mummy: Shey iya naa de ni iwo yi sha?

Mama Boye:Mummy, shey eh mo wipe omo itiju lomo yen ni? Omo orun oshi! Ki awon olopa yen kan ma mulo. That is my take on this issue.

Big Mummy: That’s the second discussion I came for. You don’t know they’ve given you a name in this neighbourhood? They tagged you Mama Boye elepe.

Mama Boye: Ehn Ehn! Shey eri awon yen, won ma shey oribu gbeyin aye won ni! Ekun oni tan ni iran won.

Big Mummy: It is me big mummy that you are answering in that manner? Ehn mama boye? Your late husband elder sister?

Mama Boye: I know it is you (rebellious reply).

Big Mummy: They told me you wouldn’t listen, and you have just proved that yourself. What I want you to know is me and your husband that are the only children of our parent and your husband is the male born son. Ma se epe le awon omo mi mo, if you are not ready to train them responsibly, awa ti a le se wa. Don’t place curse my kids anymore, ok? (Walks out angrily)

Mama Boye: Ewa ko won, shey e mo wipe eyinle ko won sinu fun osu mesan.

(Enters boye)

Boye: shey eri mummy, oloun maje ki loose gbogbo wa. Shey emi ni mo shin faramo yin? Eni pe
Loose mi. I promise to move out very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment