Monday 22 July 2013

Who is Raliat Ibrahim?



I met her in my NYSC days in the Nigerian Television Authority, Ilorin. A very jovial character, but when it comes to disposing her discipline, you will find her very serious and straight minded towards her Job. She is very proud  Alumni of A.B.U, the University where she got her Bachelorship Certificate as a Mass Communicator years past. She is also a writer based in Ilorin and I was opportune to meet and interview her.

"My name is Raliat Ibrahim.
 I am an indigene of Pategi in Pategi Local Government Area of Kwara  State. I did my secondary education in Ilorin, Kwara State and proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University Zaria where I obtained a Bsc in Mass Communication.
 For now, I'll classify myself as a prose writer since my only published work 'The Twenty First Gift' is a work of prose.

 I became a writer out of the zeal to impart on this generation and having realized writing is an easy way to reach out to a larger audience, I opted for it. Also, developing the reading habit of the younger generation also prompted me to go into writing.
 Being an avid reader myself, it seems right to give back to the society through the written words. 

Many people inspire me but female political writers impress me more. I aspire to be as great as the greatest of all


My recent publication, 'THE TWENTY FIRST GIFT' is a novella that tells the story of an orphan, 'Atana', who aspired to be educated despite societal challenges. She eventually got involved with two men of different destinies who had a single purpose where she was concerned. It is filled with suspense and tells a bit about the typical challenges faced by a Nigerian girl from a poor background.

  The book is available in the hard copy form but work is in progress to get it available electronically.  
 
As I work on my next work of literature, I am happy to note that the experience I gather in the course of my work as a journalist is helping me to gain new insights into issues that will be of more interest to the populace. Ultimately, the goal to make our dear country Nigeria a better place should reflect in all we do. I believe strongly that for things to be better, we must shed our indifferences, selfishness and perhaps, religion".  

 Her book, 'The Twenty First Gift' is available in NTA, Ilorin.

Drop your Comments.

2 comments:

  1. wow, a writer based in ilorin. that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bussy, thumps up.... Raliat, the sky is your starting point...

    ReplyDelete