Friday 26 January 2018

My Shadow Hunts Me

Shadow!
My shadow!
My shadow is bitter.
A shadow that hunts.
Yes! My shadow hunts me.

Even when I am dreaming,
My shadow follows me there.
I see myself running headlessly.
What am I running from?
My Image!

With all my strength,
I try to detach away from it,
But all my effort remains futile.
For it is stuck unto me.

I shout at it!
I scream at it!
I wail at it!
But it replies me with jest.

It often scares away,
Beautiful flowers always.
My shadow became a bulwark around me.
For it wants to be the only one,
That can swize with me.

This is becoming a lifetime of torture.
Buried behind my scars,
Are my fake laughter.

I am aging with a crying heart.
And the length which my shadow,
As preyed and biting me by pinches.
No! I cried out!
It is enough.

I will turn myself,
Into a more darker image.
And engage the shadow in a wrestle.
And splinter all over the shadow,
Splinter the shadow that hunts
with GOLD!


Written By: ADEBAYO, Busayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment