Friday 13 December 2013

CYNTHIA'S DIARY

ABSTRACT 1- THE LETTERS (CYNTHIA’S DIARY)

Wednesday, March 29, 1967. 11:00a.m @ Cynthia’s lodge, St. Peterson city.

CYNTHIA’S REPLY TO FEMI’S LETTER

Once your precious jewelry
So tender as a spurring roselle
With fragrance of a flashy finery

Now dwindled and tattered in savor

With no you to hide and keep safe
No music to inspire an ailing spirit
No dance as sweet as flamenco’s

Here I see ugly times, like shadows from the Isle
Some nightfall that besieged Bimbo in an ugly bamboo-cave
They have hunted and frozen my paths

Now weary and waned, all my soul’s wishes is your comfort

Cynthia Douglas


On the 23rd of March, 1967, Femi had sent the following letter to Cynthia.

‘’Like a fleeting cool breeze, you blew past my feel
Your dark locks swaying with glows, from your scalp down the sides of your face
A face so fascinating; tells of the tales behind your enchantments

Here in our exquisite Isle, my heart tarries in love

Like sweet memories, I reminisce; the La Rioja wine festival
My eyes couldn’t resist a gaze while my lips startled as I sang
We danced in the spirit of Flamenco
And drank at the heart of our moonlight adventures

Now lost and lonely, all my heart’s wishes is to see you soon

Femi Cruz’’

To be continued……….


Composed by Dr Erubu Ayo



No comments:

Post a Comment